Few decisions have the lasting impact on your child as that of the school where your child attends. It is during their school days that life-long friendships will be made, spiritual formation will take place, and values will be instilled.
A true testament to that statement is our alumni who come back year after year to assist with our annual holiday bazaar, coach sports teams, run extracurricular activities or help with the annual play. Sometimes our alumni will even perform.
Many of our alumni come back to St. Joseph School. When they come back this time they are here as parents of current students and/or grandparents of enrolled students.
Here are some of our highlights:
• Emphasis on Catholic Faith Formation through religion classes and integration into all aspects of students’ daily experiences
• Talented and dedicated faculty and staff, knowledgeable about academic content and effective instructional strategies
• Student-centered decision making
• Appreciation of parents as partners in the child’s education
• Extended Care Program for both before and after school care
• Innovative Pre-K and Kindergarten programs balance academic learning and social development
• Student Safety is paramount in our school community
• Academic support for students who need extra guidance
• Middle school math and science class time exceed state standards
• Spanish language and culture instruction for grades Pre-K through 8
• Specialized classes include Visual Art, Music, Physical Education, Computer Technology and Library Literacy
• Ever evolving technology integration with interactive whiteboards, and new iPad program
• Varied extra-curricular activities including an exceptional Drama program
• Strong Athletics program, including basketball, cross country, volleyball, and other sports
• National Junior Honor Society
• NEASC accredited
Our families have made an investment in their children by choosing a Catholic education. Our students see the importance of commitment, hard work and community involvement. They leave SJS knowing not only that they can make a change in the world, but it is their duty and responsibility to bring about a positive change in their communities. By choosing to send your child to SJS, you can be ensured that your child is prepared academically. We teach facts and items that require memorization, but also critical thinking and application skills; we teach students how to learn, and instill in them a love for lifetime learning.
We would enjoy the opportunity to meet you in person. To schedule a tour, spend a day at SJS, or if we can provide you with more information, feel free to contact us.
We look forward to meeting with you and your family soon!